expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Canterbury Tales (I)

The prologue for Canterbury Tales was interesting in the way, many characters were involved. From the knights to the pardoner, the level of many social standing were shown. Do you think the order of what characters introduced has to do anything with the book or the meaning itself? I thought it was the social standings, from royalty to a commoner. While I was reading, I came cross fustian, I knew it was a soft linen because of our vocabulary #1. (The knight wore a fustian under his armor) I believe each character has their own story in Canterbury. They may seem to be represented stereotypical but actually the author maybe have put in a plot twist. The character I would like to read is the pardoner or the summoner. The pardoner because he seems to have no importance to society, yet Chaucer added him into his tales. The pardoner is a romantic gentlemen, but something is different from the rest. The summoner seems interesting to read because everyone in their town has a drunk, but the summoner may not be the typical "always drunk," summoner. Chaucer used interesting name choices for the summoner and the pardoner.

No comments:

Post a Comment